Monday, January 26, 2015

Well, Nobody Told Me That!

I'm getting older. I'm 33. I'm certainly not OLD, yet. Just older. More refined.I've noticed over the past few years several things going on with my body that kind of took me off guard.

Middle of the night bathroom breaks- This has been pretty much been a norm since being pregnant. Once you have kids, your bladder is pretty much shot. I cannot recall the last time I was able to sleep through the night without waking to use the restroom.

Acne- Seriously? I'm 33! I didn't have terrible skin when I was a teen. I'd have some mild acne outbreaks occasionally, but nothing too severe. (Thank goodness!) I've noticed more and more outbreaks the older I get. I hope this is just a phase.....

Change in cycles- ****TMI ALERT**** In health the class, they tell you what to expect when nature starts to take its course. I do not recall them telling me that things would change with age! Debilitating cramps. Unpredictable cycles. Awful PMS symptoms. To the point that if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was pregnant. I did NOT sign up for this!

Hair- It could be all in my head, but I swear my hair is getting dull. It seemed so shiny when I was younger. Of course, this can be changed by a trip to the salon. :)

Weight- I knew I'd have a harder time losing weight the older I got, but what I didn't realize is that you put it on in different places. The 20 or so I put on last year? Right around the midsection. I was accustomed to seeing my hips and chest get larger when the pounds come on. Sheesh!

I'm learning to accept the things I cannot change and adjust to this getting older thing. I can't stop it, so I may as well just roll with it!

Have you noticed any changes you weren't quite expecting?




No comments: