Friday, November 7, 2014

"Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens....."

"These are a few of my favorite things."

Yes. I know there are two other lines in between, but let's not split hairs. :)

Big, big news this week! Oprah released her annual list of Favorite Things. I used to get really excited about checking out the list, but I feel the items get more and more extravagant each year. I mean. She's Oprah. She's got the dough for it, but $265 for body scrubs is a little much for my pocket book.

Oprah did inspire me to put together my own list of Favorite Things. Mr. T and Grace pointed out that most of the things on my list I do not actually own, so it should be a Wish List. They are sticklers, I tell you!

                                        Cece's Favorite Things  Wish List (or whatever)

1. Flipbelt (wish)- The FlipBelt looks awesome. The belt I'm currently using is falling apart. What makes FlipBelt amazing is that there's no zipper to mess with. This may not seem like a huge deal, but let me tell ya. That seems like that would be a whole lot easier than fumbling around in my pouch especially when you don't really want to stop mid run.

2. Stila Lip Glaze (have)- I LOVE the Lip Glazes from Stila. I randomly grabbed a pack of these because I wanted to try something new, and these were near the checkout lines. I love that it provides just a hint of color and a touch of shine. Your lips don't look like a wet, sloppy mess.

3. Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara (have)- A lot of people poopoo on Clinique, but I love them for their eye makeup. I have extremely sensitive eyes, and Clinique gives me zero trouble. I picked this mascara up at the suggestion of the sales lady. I wanted something a little more dramatic for my brother's wedding. I love the coverage and how full my lashes look.

4. Garmin Forerunner 220 (wish)- I have a basic, purple Garmin, but I'm not in love with it. The battery doesn't last long enough for marathon training (or I'm too slow), and it loses signal easily. This model looks amazing, and I know several people that have it and love it.

5. iphone 6 (wish)- This is the iPhone I've been wanting forever!! It's exactly what I want in a phone. 

6. FitBit Flex (wish)- I wanted one of these when they first came out, but never pulled the trigger on purchasing one because I was close to my fitness and wellness goal. I thought it was an excessive purchase when I only needed to lose ten or so pounds. Well, I'm pretty far from this goal. I think the FitBit would give me the kick in the pants I need to turn my habits back around.

7. Kate Spade Cedar Street Maise (wish)- Mister supports my purse habit so I totally blame him for my addiction. He's an enabler. :) I LOVE the silhouette of this purse. It's beautiful. And the colors? The Celeste Blue, Ballet Slipper and Rosey Dawn are AMAZING. 

8. Michael Kors Sutton Satchel (wish)- I stumbled on this purse by complete accident. This is another style that I fell in love with. I'm really loving the Raspberry color even though it's brighter than anything I've ever carried. Adorable.

9. Lancome La Vie Est Belle (wish)- I was browsing through the catalog of a makeup store in the area, and this was one of the insert samples. I might NEED this. The scent is beautiful. It's not over powering and almost smells a bit sweet. Never have I smelled a perfume and thought, "Boy. I like this." Until I found this. Seriously. Go sniff it.

10. Michael Kors Fulton Wallet (wish)- I love the simplicity of this wallet. It's neutral and would work with any of my purses. 




What are some of your favorite things or some goodies you'd like Santa to bring this year?

2 comments:

Nora said...

i have two FlipBelts and that exact Garmin. I love both, although after a few washes my FlipBelts are more bunched up than when I first got them and at times it's hard to find the slits. It's possible they'd do better with hand washing. I love them regardless--I forget I'm wearing them when I run.

Cecilia said...

Thank you for your input on the belts. I may look around for other options, although not even noticing they are there is a huge selling point. The belt I have and the hydration belt are bulky and bounce no matter how much I tighten them.