Monday, October 20, 2014

And I say, "Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey".......

I said, "Hey. What's going on?"

A whole lot and nothing all at once!

I've been busy for the past month. I photographed my brother's wedding and editing photos takes for.eve.er. Whew. It was really a lot of fun, and I smiled so much during the editing process.

Notice the lack of workout recaps? Oh, come on. You know you've missed hearing about my runs!! Well, you aren't missing much. I've run very little since my last post. Between some medical procedures and testing, I've not felt up to running. The two times I did run were horrid. I'm talking the absolute worst runs I've ever had in my ENTIRE life. No exaggerating. I felt as if I were running in quicksand with lead weights on my ankles. I'm not going to lie. It broke me.

I took the rest of that week off from running and stuck to cross training and weight lifting. I headed back out for another run, and I was pretty optimistic. Then, my knee started hurting.

Long story a wee bit shorter, I'm having knee surgery in a week. I've got a lot of rough cartilage under my knee cap, so the good doc is going to clean it up. The MRI didn't show a tear in my meniscus like he was originally thinking, which is good news. I forgot to ask what else could be the cause of the pain in that area.

I'm looking forward to getting this over with and RUNNING. I'm enjoying cross training, but I need to run. I feel like me when I'm on the road. Nothing compares to that high. Not the bike. Not they elliptical.

I'm not sure what's in my immediate future. We'll discuss recovery and all those details next week. If I'm being optimistic, I'd like to return to Michigan for another Martian Marathon. Of course, I've got my eyes set on the rolling hills of Hospital Hill Run in Kansas City,

What have you been up to?

No comments: