Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Great Stain Remover

I'm a messy person. I'm constantly spilling stuff, and a majority of the time I end up wearing what I spill. I also have three active kiddos who LOVE getting dirty. They worry not of mud or grass and what havoc it may wreak on their clothes. (Lucky them!) Nobody wants to wear clothing stained with last night's dinner.

I have found a combination of products that I use to get out a multitude of stains from grass, dirt, set in grease, chocolate and even blood (because, kids). I keep these on hand at all times. Had I known about this terrific trio, I could have saved a lot of money by holding on to the clothing I thought was ruined and could not be saved.





Stain remover (I happen to use Resolve. It was at Costco or Sam's or something.)
Dawn dish detergent  (Yes. It must be Dawn. I've tried others and this produces the best results.)
Baking soda


Step 1: Spray the spots with stain remover. Go ahead and soak it.
Step 2: Apply Dawn to spots.
Step 3: Apply a small amount of baking soda over the down.
Step 4: SCRUB like the dickens. You'll see some of the stains start to lift immediately.
Step 5: Throw in the machine and wash like normal. For best results, I let the garments sit for a while before tossing in the wash.

The Before
I don't know what happened to the other before shots, so you don't get a good idea of just how dirty the girl's pants were. Stinking technology. Why you ruin my post?!?


The After






What are your best tips for getting those stuff stains out?


No comments: