Thursday, August 28, 2014

Five on Friday

TGIF!!

It's time for 5 on Friday! This week's edition is my top 5 favorite apps on my phone. I have a Samsung GalaxyS4, and it runs the Android operating system


1. RunKeeper

This app is MAGIC!! RunKeeper lets you keep track of those miles you walk or run. I love RunKeeper because not only does it have a GPS feature where I can map my miles, but it also syncs with My Fitness Pal. What? WHAT?! Yep. Magic.

2. My Fitness Pal


My Fitness Pal is a great tool for anyone wanting to watch what the eat. It's great for tracking weight loss and even inches lost. You can customize macros for whatever goal you have in mind. The database of foods is HUGE. Be careful, as some foods may not be entirely accurate in fat, carb, vitamin, etc content. It's user based so people can technically put whatever they want, and some do because they like trolling ya.

3. Expense IQ

Expense IQ is a great app for balancing your bank account. It's not limited to being a checkbook register, though! You can also use Expense IQ to set up bill reminders and your very own budget. This app lets me see where I'm spending money and where I can make some cut backs.

4. Starbucks
I know. I know. I know. Starbucks is expensive. Blah, blah, blah. I don't go there every day. It's bad for you and bad for your wallet. The app is pretty handy because you can link up your Starbucks gift card. This feature makes it simple and quick to pay. It also gives you access to any coupons and keeps track of any rewards you've earned. You can also reload your card from the app using PayPal. So handy!

5. Swiftkey

I use the SwiftKey app exclusively on my phone. I cannot stand the stock keyboard on my Galaxy S4. I have to hit the tiny keys exactly on the mark in order to type out anything. I can't tell you how many times I hit the back button only to but six million letter Ls. The letter L is great, but I didnt need it!! Swiftkey solves that problem for me. The keys on most of the keyboards are quite a bit larger. I also love that you can customize the layout and color schemes.


No comments: