Thursday, April 24, 2014

You Ran Your First Marathon. What's Next?

Where do I even begin?!? There are so many things I would like to do.

1. Get my speed back. 
I really miss sub 9 minute miles. I'd like to get even faster. I know that takes time and patience.

2. Train the Mister for a half marathon.
What? WHAT?! Yep. He said he wants to do a half. Nooooooo, I didn't have to threaten or bribe him. We haven't picked a race yet, but I will run with him every step of the way. He's probably going to hate me, but he will thank me in the end. I really enjoy the half marathon disastsnces, so I'm excited. He really wanted to do Hospital Hill, but that's not going to happen this year. I'm kind of sad I'll being missing HHR this year. We will be back next year though!

3. Run another marathon.
Yep. I'm doing another one. I already have a good idea of which race I'd like to do also. One of the texts I sent Mister during Martian said something about that definitely being my only full. As soon as I crossed the finish line, I changed my mind. 

4. Weight train and trim up.
I was going to say lose a few lbs, but when you lift weights, there's a good chance you'll actually put on weight. I'm ok with that. I'm ready to tone up and work on my core.

5. Run a 10k
This is a distance I've never raced before. I'd like to try it at least once.

6. PR at 5k
I haven't even attempted this is a couple of years. It's time.

7. PR at 13.1
I hit my sub two hour goal, but I think I can take some more off that.

8. PR at 26.2
I KNOW I can destroy my first time. 

9. Train the kiddos for a 5k.
They aren't as excited about this as I am, but I think it will be a lot of fun. 

10. Try a TRI
Yep. At mile 14 in one of my 20+ mile training runs, I started thinking about what it would take to train for an Iron Man. I figure I'll start small, though. :)

I'm excited to see how many of these fitness goals I can accomplish the rest of this year. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

These are some AMAZING goals! You can do it!