Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Marathon Training: Week 11

Total mileage: 37

Monday: 6 miles

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 3 miles
I woke up several times in the early morning hours with a migraine. The migraine "hangover" that came later wiped me out. I didn't want to run at all, but knew I needed to get some thing finished. A measly three was all I could muster. Some is better than none, right?

Thursday: rest
 
Friday: 22 miles 
I woke up in good spirits. 
Sorry for the blurry photo! I was shaking. I started getting really nervous. I still had a headache, and I was worried how my body would handle the run. Ok, so, I had a full blown panic attack, but I headed out any way. Yes. I plan on wearing my hair in braids. A pony tail starts to annoy me and gets tangled. I'd like to have it in a French braid, but when I do it myself, it's not very tight. I'm trying to talk the mister into learning how. :)
This was an important run. It's the furthest distance I've run and this was one of the last times to test out nutrition. I'm still fine tuning that and hydration, but I think I've got it figured out. 

I ran this without music too. I'll run the race the same way. Many times, the littlest things irritate me when I run including a particular song. It's easier if I skip it all together. What does one think about when running for hours? I have no idea! So many different random things pop in my head, not to mention positive self talk. Yes. Lame, but running is 99% mental.

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 6 miles on the treddy
65 degrees on Saturday and sleet on Sunday morning. I'm not even shocked. It was a great little run. I wanted to do more, but stuck to the plan. Something I've noticed: my legs don't start to warm up until mile 5 or 6. It's a weird feeling. It leaves me wanting more, but I know I have to be smart.

I can't believe the race is just a couple weeks away. I'm excited and sad at the same time. I know one thing for certain. I'm ready. 

No comments: