Sunday, January 19, 2014

Marathon Training: Week 4




Yeah. So. I might have forgotten to post week three's recap and I cannot remember for the life of me what I even ran that week. I want to say my total mileage was 15 or so. I didn't do my long run. We woke up to no water that Sunday. I wasn't interested in running nine miles and then sitting in my filth until who knows when. Good life choice. We didn't get full restoration until 7:00pm. When you can't run, the most logical thing to do is go to a breakfast buffet. Figured I'd work out my stomach. 

Total mileage: 26
Total treadmill miles: ZERO!!

Monday- 6 miles on the hills
Oh. You know. My Garmin died less than a mile in to the run. I knew it, but also know where the turn around is so I didn't stress. I just need the miles.

Tuesday- rest

Wednesday- 6 miles, slightly faster pace due to time constraints

Thursday- rest

Friday- 9 miles on the hills
Little bit chilly for this run. It warmed up to a balmy 16 by the time I hit the road. With the winds, it made it more like 4. Awesome. This is how I battled that: 
Hawt. Notice all of the other running clothes all over the bed. I had no clue what to wear. Turns out, the windbreaker wasn't the best choice. It trapped all of the sweat which led to me really freezing the last couple of miles. My skin was purple in spots when I got home. Not even lying. Oh. And the snow picked up for the second half of my run. Slippery and cold. I snorted more powdery white stuff than Charlie Sheen.

Saturday- rest

Sunday- 5 recovery miles on the hills

Sloooooooooooow. It was hot. 23. I took it very easy. My legs were pretty sore, so I figured I wouldn't push my luck.

While it was pretty chilly all week, I was very greatful to run all of my miles outside. I'm hoping the wether stays dry so I can continue this. Running outdoors is soooooo much easier than the treadmill.

This week, I need to do core work and stretching. I'm noticing some discomfort in my lower back and want to make sure that doesn't turn into something that'll sideline me.  Over all, a great week and I can't wait for week five!



No comments: