Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Marathon Training: Week 2

Total mileage: 20

I don't have a lot of photos for this recap as I ran all but one of the runs on the treadmill. Next week's post will probably be similar as we currently have about a foot of snow on the ground. 

I also didn't keep track or my times. Running on the treadmill usually means interruptions because one or all of the kids need something at some point. I just worried about getting the distance I needed. 

Monday- rest

Tuesday- 4 miles on the treadmill, ab work
Oh, hey. Nothing like a six year old sneaking up on you while you're on the treadmill. Talk about a heart attack! He thought he was hilarious. 

Wednesday- rest

Thursday- 5 miles on the treadmill

Friday- 6 week 6 pack abs
Friday is a run day on my training plan, but it occurred to me when I woke up that morning that a winter storm would be hitting the area late Saturday, early Sunday. I had no desire to run seven miles in a foot of snow or on the treadmill, so I'd have to move my long run to Saturday. Excellent life choice.

Saturday 7.25 miles
I decided from the get go this run would be slow. I had no time expectations. I ran an out and back on the hills with 20mph winds. I was ok with slow. I went a little too far on the out. I really paced myself on the hills, setting goals and completely forgot about the distance. No biggie. This run was HUGE. My legs felt strong even though I'd avoided hills for quite some time. I had such a good time with no pressure at all.

Sunday- 3.75 miles on the treadmill, ab work
I wanted to pull the plug after two miles. My legs were a tad bit sore, and I was bored out of my mind. I knew I'd regret not increasing my total mileage, so I kept at it.

This was a great week despite running so much on the treadmill. It serves it's purpose. If I didn't have the treadmill, I could pretty much forget about training for any race. 

What are you doing to burn calories during this cold snap?

1 comment:

Alyssa G said...

Awesome job, Cece and in 20 mph wind? Whoa.