Friday, January 17, 2014

Let Go

I'm finished and letting go of that magic number I had. The weight loss goal that would some how bring peace and sanity into my life once I'd reached it. I weigh ten pounds more than I did six to seven months ago, and yet, my clothes fit better. I feel amazing. I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm no longer winded from simply singing nursery rhymes or climbing stairs. 

The Mister paid me a compliment today telling me I'm the thinnest I've ever been in our eight year relationship. I needed that. I had gotten on the scale a couple of days prior and was saddened to see a gain. It was a blow to the gut. Mister's compliment was good enough for me. I'm not going to obsess over losing weight if it means sacrificing muscle. I won't be a slave to that number any more.

Am I a size two? Ha. Not even remotely close. And, I don't want to be. I'm happy and healthy. For the first time in my life, I'm happy with my body. I don't give a rat's hind end what the scale says. I have some work to do as far as trimming more fat and toning up. I know that I can do it. Respect your body and your body will do things you thought impossible. Nothing is off limits. The only thing keeping you from success is YOU. 

I'm still going to be vigilant about how I'm fueling my body. I'm still going to track the nutrients so I know I'm putting in the very best. If you want good energy, you have to put in good foods. When you eat crap, you feel like crap. Let me tell you. My days of feeling like crap are far behind, me and I intend to keep them there. 

***I parked this post for a while after I wrote it. I wasn't ready to share it yet until I knew I was truly at peace with myself. In that time, I had my annual blood work to check my TSH (thyroid stuff. I'll have a post about this later because I've never shared and I find the workings of the human body intriguing. Yes. Nerd). Turns out, my level was off (I had an inkling it was due to other changes in my body: dry eyes, weird muscle cramps). I felt a little relief after hearing the news they'd be increasing my dosage of medicine. The gain had nothing to do with what I was putting in my body. It was out of my control.  Am I going to get on the scale to see if the weight starts to fall of now? Not a chance.***


No comments: