Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Absent

You may notice my weekly workout recap and menu plan are absent this week. Well, folks, this is because last week was pretty horrendous. Ok. Ok. Ok. Horrendous is a bit extreme. It was certainly a wild ride.

Mister started up traveling again. He really hasn't traveled much this year, but I knew we'd manage. Little did I know, the big kids had brought back a fantastic souvenir from their trip to Disney with their dad: a stomach bug. Womp. Womp. Womp.

Between catching up on work from the prior week, a work event, sick kiddos and laundry, my free time was nonexistent. What little time I did have, I just crashed. I know that I should have made more of an effort to exercise, but it just wasn't one of my top priorities.

With the kiddos being sick, they didn't have much of an appetite. They relied on a diet of crackers, toast and Ramen noodles. I just snacked on whatever. I'm very anxious to make my first ever batch of chicken stock this week! I'll share the recipe after we've sampled it.

This week will be better. The kids will not be sick. I will make the foods I intended to make last week. I will run a lot more miles than I did last week (3, by the way).

I can do this. Right??


2 comments:

Alyssa G said...

Of course you can!!!

Julie said...

Did they at least enjoy Disney...before getting sick?