Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 8 Donut Review: Wentzville Donut Cafe

Wentzville Donut Cafe is family owned and operated donut shop located on Pearce Blvd in Wentzville, Missouri. Wentzville donut cafe offers not only donuts but a breakfast menu and baked items including cookies and cupcakes.

On to the good stuff!


This fritter? This fritter! It's a thing of beauty. 
Mister's score 4 stars out of 5: The apple fritter is huge, thick and bubbly. When I say big, I mean it. This fritter was nearly two inches tall. Definitely the biggest we've reviewed. The fritter was cooked very well with a slight crispness to the outer shell. There were perfect amounts of cinnamon and apple throughout. The fritter had a very good glaze coverage and the glazed tasted very good.



The custard was another beast of a donut. I'm not a small girl and appreciate a big donut.
My score 4 stars out of 5: This donut was very large, but a little thin in relation to the diameter. This had me a bit concerned, but that subsided after my first bite. The dough was a great consistency, not too dense. Not too airy. The icing was rich and delicious. The custard was very tasty. I would have preferred a bit more custard in my donut, but I know that filling donuts isn't an exact science and that no two have the same amount of filling.


The white cake donut looks great. The icing is is thick and the color is very good.
My score 3.5 stars out of 5: The cake donut was very yummy. It was a softer variety with good flavor and very moist. The icing was very sweet, but didn't tasty grainy or sugary like some.

I'm not going to lie. I was pretty excited to sink my teeth into this glazed donut. I love the look and like the other yeast donuts, it's ginormous.
My score 4.5 stars out of 5: Mmmmmmmm. The glaze was a little thicker than I prefer on a glazed donut, but it really didn't over power it at all. The dough was the same medium consistency as the custard and it had that delicious buttery taste that really makes a great glazed donut.

The Wentzville Donut Cafe, while still a young business, is cranking out a very delicious product. With such delectable delights, Wentzville Donut Cafe will be around for quite some time.


No comments: