Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 6 Donut Review: Eddie's Southtown Donuts

South St. Louis city is teeming with tasty donut shops, and Eddie's Southtown Donuts is just one of those places.
I'd like to apologize for the awful cell phone photos. Mister brought these to me while I was working. Obviously, I couldn't wait until I got home to sample the goodies, so the cell phone photos would have to suffice.

Coconut cake!!! The coconut cake from Eddie's looked pretty delish. They didn't skimp on the size or the toppings.
My score 4.5 stars out of 5: The cake had a slightly crunchy exterior which I absolutely love. It still managed to be moist on the inside. The vanilla icing tasted fantastic and wasn't overpowering.


Chocolate Custard. Dark icing!!! Who says you can't judge a book by its cover?? This donut was also a reasonable size and as you can see, the icing is done to perfection.
My Score 5 stars out of 5: The icing was the delicious, rich variety I'm in love with. I thought the donut felt a little light, so I was concerned they had skimped with the custard. Not true! One bit in, and I'd struck gold. There was just enough of the custard and it was a good quality to boot. The dough had a great taste and consistency.


Glazed Donut. This photo didn't do this poor donut justice. The glazed donut is another decently sized confection and looked great.
My score 3.5 stars out of 5:  Talk about tasty. The glaze on this donut was darn near close to perfect in taste and coverage. The dough felt to be a tad bit denser than the custard, but had a spectacular taste.


Apple Fritter. Would you get a look at that beauty?
His score 5 stars out of 5:  Wow. Mister's first word. The glaze was perfect. The fritter was cooked to perfection and had that awesome bubbly appearance we love. The fritter had the perfect blend of apple and cinnamon.

Mister and I didn't know what to expect from Eddie's because we hadn't heard a lot about them, but man, oh, man did they come to the table prepared. On top of having a stupendous product, Mister noted how friendly the workers were. They chatted a bit about my blog, and he even suggested another shop for us to try. If you are remotely close to the St. Louis area, do yourself a favor and stop by Eddie's Southtown Donuts. Thank me later.




No comments: