Friday, November 8, 2013

Salsa Chicken with Brown Rice

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite low fat dishes. I love the versatility of the recipe and it's very simple to throw together.



Ingredients
1 cup brown rice cooked according to directions
1 chicken breast cooked and diced, seasoned to your liking (can substitute canned chicken)
1 can of seasoned black beans (I did not drain the beans and regular would work also.)
1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained (Regular works too, but these taste great.)
Cilantro to taste
salsa to taste (We had ghost pepper salsa. A little went a really long way.)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a pan until warmed thoroughly. I ate mine with a few tortilla chips. I forgot to pick up a lime at the store. A squeeze of lime juice in this dish gives it that little extra punch. Enjoy!


No comments: