Monday, November 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Our menu is currently running Saturday-Friday. I keep changing shopping days. I hate shopping of any sorts. If I go on Tuesdays, the stores aren't as busy, but I have to carry the groceries in solo. If I go on the weekend, the stores are busy, but I can make my slaves....I mean kids carry the groceries. It's my intention to make my daughter do the grocery shopping when she gets her driver's license.

I write the dates in each box and circle the days we have the big kids so I know to purchase more food for those days.

I've increased our weekly budget to $60-$75. $60 three years ago went a lot farther. The kids are bigger and food costs more. I feel like this is still a pretty modest budget. I spent $28 at Walmart and $42 at Aldi. Not too shabby.

What are you having for dinner this week?

No comments: