Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Ok. So, paired with my awful photography skills, this soup doesn't appear to be very photogenic. What it lacks in looks, it makes up for in flavor. Even Mister gave it a thumbs up, which is HUGE. He's not a soup person. I knew it couldn't be too bad if he couldn't hate it.
This isn't a typical "homemade" soup in that I didn't make the base or broth, but it definitely hits the spot and you can't argue with that if it's ready to eat in 30 minutes or less.


Ingredients
one can cream of chicken soup
8 oz chicken breast tenders
3 cups of water
half a bag baby carrots
one bag Uncle Ben's Brown and Wild Rice ready rice
6 tablespoons of margarine
one can of skim milk
one medium onion, diced
dash of salt
dash of pepper

1. Place the water, chicken, onions, carrots, salt and pepper in a stock pot. Bring to boil. Boil until chicken is cooked.
2. Remove chicken from pot. Dice and return to pot. 
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook another 5-10 minutes.

**If I were preparing this for just myself I would add more carrots and add celery. I'll caution you to use salt sparingly when it comes to seasoning your chicken. The margarine and condensed soup are both very salty, in my opinion.** 

No comments: