Monday, October 28, 2013

Workouts for Week of 10/20/2103

This was the first week I started up with my new training plan. I haven't committed to a race yet, but this set up is the one I will use when I finally make that choice, with the exception of running Friday instead of Saturday. I was drained after a long week Friday and I just didn't have a run in me that day. I'm obsessive and made it up on Saturday. Good life choice.

Sunday I slacked off a bit. I didn't even intend to run. I pulled a muscle in my leg, and it was bit tight. My original plan was to just walk. The muscle loosened up a bit, so I said screw it and ran 2.5 miles. Another good life choice.

I stuck to flat terrain this week to give my legs a break. I don't want to over do it right out the gate like I typically do. I hope to incorporate some speed work in the coming weeks. It's a bit defeating to see my times are slower than my training runs for the half back in June, but I know I have to ease into things. It'll all come back in time. Hopefully, I'll be even faster. :)


No comments: