Monday, October 7, 2013

Recipe: Bourbon Chicken

Remember my first donut post when I said I'm a terrible food photographer? Yeah. My skills haven't improved in that short amount of time. Patience, grasshopper.

I've posted this recipe before many moons ago. Read here for the original and my adaptation. I have altered the recipe a bit in that time. Mister says the sauce in this batch was very good. He says that a lot for this particular dish. You see. I'm not really good at recipes and being consistent so each time it's a little nerve wracking. I'm afraid he won't love it as much as he did the last go around. Please note. All measurements are approximate. Feel free to adjust to your tastes.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1-2 pounds chicken breast, diced
1 package frozen stiry fry veggie mix

1. For the sauce: mix together the first 8 ingredients and set to the side.
2. Cook diced chicken over medium heat in non-stick skillet.
3. Add frozen veggies when chicken is fully cooked.
4. Add sauce. 
5. Add cornstarch.
6. Cook over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Eat.

Generally, I serve this over steamed brown rice. This time, I just served it with my fried rice. I'll be sure to post the recipe for ya too.
You can substitute minced garlic for garlic powder in this recipe. I was lazy and didn't feel like peeling and chopping it.



No comments: