Saturday, September 21, 2013

Working on My Fitness

As I mentioned in the last post, I am 100% healthy and back to running. I'm also working on toning everything. With weight loss comes saggy, soggy.......well you get the idea. My arms have always been a problem area for me. My abs? Ha! They leave a lot to be desired, but I've made this unofficial goal in my head to be bikini body ready by next summer. Don't panic and run for the hills. I don't actually plan on WEARING a bikini in public. Your eye sight will be saved. No nightmares for you. Breathe a sigh of relief. Just knowing that I could slip into a two piece and not make a fool of myself is good enough for me. All joking aside. A good core is really important to improving your run. I'm all for bettering my run times while firming up my tummy.

To help build up my arm strength, I'm doing the 100 push up challenge using this sweet app. No. Push ups will not give me the definition lifting weights will, but it's still something. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my over all strength and my muscle tone.

Another great app I love is Workout Trainer by Skimble. Skimble is free. It does have an upgrade option, but I have not felt the need to do this yet. I've been using the Ab Attack workout quite a bit. This particular program consists of several different exercises broken up into small segments. There are rest points as well. What I love is that it's just enough time to feel the burn before you want to quit and take a break. By the time it starts to hurt, it's time to move on and work a different area.

What makes Skimble really fantastic are the options. Name a body part, and Skimble has a workout for it. You select the area and the degree of difficulty and off you go! You can pause or skip at any point. I tend to skip a lot of the jumping exercises. Jumping kills my knees. I know what you're thinking. "But......you run. Doesn't that hurt your knees?" Not so much. Yes. There is impact when my foot is striking but nothing like the jolt you get from jumping. Also, I'm a sissy.

Any at home workouts that you're loving?

No comments: