Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"Fall"ing in Love.....

.....with this amazing weather and running!

The Midwest has seen a reprieve in the unbearable heat. I wish I could say that it will last a week, but we all know how foolish that would be. I love the cooler temperatures. I love being able to open the windows and listen to the leaves rustling in the trees. Magical. Simply beautiful. Makes for some great sleeping at night.
Another bonus to the amazing weather? RUNNING!!! I'm happy to report that I have fully rehabilitated my torn muscle. I am back to running. Everywhere. Any time. The only thing I'm omitting for now is speed work. I'll get back to that when I'm actually training for a race. Right now, I'm just running to run. It feels amazing.

I had been playing it safe and stuck to the flat lands. I figure the less strain on my muscles the better. I don't want to find myself in the same predicament, although I always seem to injure myself each year. Different injuries mind you. Hitting the hills has been h.a.r.d. I don't regret a second of it. I love the challenge. 

I can't fully put into words what running does for me. It's not just about my physical health. Running clears up any head (and heart, for that matter) congestion I may be having. Feeling stressed? Hit the pavement. Unsure about a resolution? Pound it out. Happy because it's beautiful out? Stretch those legs, breathing in that gloriously cool air. I never really fell out of love with running. I just missed being able to do it. I ached to run.

I feel like myself when I'm running. I feel like I can tackle the world. Nothing can hold me back, and really nothing ever should. I need to strap on my running shoes to remind myself of that. 

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I miss running too and have gotten back into it. Unfortunately, all the extra weight I'm carrying around is making it hard. Hopefully, I lose some pounds fast!