Saturday, June 15, 2013

Now What?

The race is over. Now what? With nothing to train for currently, what reasons do I have to run?

I took 8 days off to see if the time away would help my abdominal muscle. It certainly feels better, but is not 100%. My first run back felt fantastic. I missed the burn. The sweat. The time in my head to sort stuff out. It's starting to get warm  down right hot and nasty in this portion of the USA adding an extra element of suck to my runs. I've always had a really hard time running in the high temps, but that's for another post.

My main motivation for running lately has been food. What can I say? I like to eat. I lowered my calorie goal after the race. I have a goal weight in mind, and I'm determined to hit it. If I want to eat more, I have to get up and move. It's as simple as that. It's nice to have that extra room even if I don't use it.

Mr. 'man Clan and I are planning another race. I mentioned in the last post we have our sights on a half marathon! In my head, I'm one step closer to talking him into running a full 26.2. I'll be visiting a surgeon to see what exactly is going on with my abs. As soon as I get clearance, I'll be signing us up for the MO' Cowbell Half Marathon. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to run a half marathon with my husband every step of the way.

Do you have any races you are looking forward to? What motivates you to work out?

No comments: