Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Some Days

Today has been a day. It wasn't bad. Just long.

Some days are like that.

D went to sleep very early last night. In turn, he got up very early. 2am to be exact. We tried waking him, but he was out cold. As I hung out with my little man, I wasn't mad or frustrated or angry. He was so chipper and silly. He had me laughing all morning. I knew I was going to be dog tired.

Some days are like that.

D will be in school soon. I'm going to miss him. I miss the big kids when they are gone. I have had a child with me for 13 years. Yes. I'll be working, but he won't be in the room next door. I won't hear his "I love yous" whenever I need them. I won't get those hugs I need to push me through the day. Let's not even get me started about my days off. It's going to be pure agony.

Some days will be like that.

Look at me complaining about early empty nest syndrome. Don't think for a second I don't know how incredibly blessed I truly am. I have an amazing husband who will do anything to make me happy. I have three fantastic kids I'm incredibly proud of for many reasons. My heart is so full of love for my family, for my life. I feel as if some days I may burst.

Every day is like that.

Some days are going to be hard. Some days you're going to what to throw your hands up and scream. There is always some good to be had in each and every day. It may be a stranger holding a door or even something as silly as the dishwasher cleaning all the dishes properly.

Every day is worth living. Ever day is worth loving.

No comments: