Thursday, February 7, 2013

Go That Extra Mile


When I'm running, I try not to take it easy. I push myself the entire way. I don't want to end a run thinking I didn't give it everything I had. I want to get it all out. It leaves me depressed and wanting more if I just go through the motions. I'm left feeling disappointed in myself for not challenging myself. Hello? Shouldn't I be doing this in my day to day life as well??

Going the extra mile in life is picking up that piece of trash you see on the ground. It's holding the door for someone even if your hands happen to be full. It's giving someone a smile when you'd rather jab their eyes out. It's doing something at work that may not be part of your normal job. It's that little something extra that may just brighten someone's day. Going the extra mile is giving 110% every day. Sure, there are going to be days where you may not have it in you, and that's ok. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

I'm going to make an effort to go the extra mile. Are you ready to give it everything you've got? How are you going to go the extra mile?

No comments: