Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Priorities

This is my current status. Yes. Those are frozen peas. They make wonderful, cheap, safe ice packs, in case you were wondering. I'm recovering from EVLT or ELVT or LMNOP. Basically, I had one big vein cooked and several smaller ones yanked from my body. Seriously. The doc pulled and pulled and PULLED. It had to be one of the oddest experiences ever. Well, that and him commenting on my underpants. Batman, for the two of you wondering. I'm a nerd and love comic book movies. I needed some britches that covered my stuff and that weren't trashy. Zebra, cheetah and lace were just not going to cut it. Apparently, the doc's a nerd like me. Nerds of a feather, flock together? Or something. Any who, back to the weird feeling. Imagine a puppet pulling on strings inside your body. Just. Like. That. It wasn't too painful at first thanks to local anesthetic. I'm starting to feel it now, a couple hours post surgery.

I titled this post Priorities for a reason. I started this blog as a diary to keep track of events in the life of my family. Somewhere along the way, I forgot why I was doing this. It became about views and what readers (if I had any) thought. This blog isn't about any of that. It's about memories, mostly. Yes. I have photos. Lots of photos. Girl sure does take some photos. But the photos don't capture it all. They leave out the silly things the kids say or how I felt when I accomplished something I thought I couldn't. That's what this blog is for. To relive the past. To remember. Because we all know, I'm not getting any younger and my memory isn't getting any better.

 

No comments: