Sunday, February 26, 2012

Laughing Plastic

Would you or wouldn't you? Today's topic: plastic surgery.

I would get plastic surgery. I'm going under the assumption that tummy tuck and breast lift are considered plastic surgery although not what one typically thinks of when they hear the term.

Before you go all ape crazy on me, let me explain myself. I've had three kids. My weight has yo yo'd between 150-240. Over the past year, I have manage to lose 30 pounds and keep it off. My body has changed incredibly in that time. I love the way my legs and arms have toned up and trimmed down. I have noticed two problem areas that aren't seeing much improvement. I'm actually very self conscious about these issues.

First up, my fat flap. I have a lot of extra skin around my lower stomach. This isn't a little pooch I'm referring to. This is excess skin that hangs. It disgusts me. I know Mr. 'man Clan and I are the only ones who see this but it makes me so uncomfortable. I've upped my ab work outs in hopes of firming the area up but I'm not seeing much improvement. I'm going to continue the core work because it's great for running. It would be nice to seem some positive results. I wouldn't be opposed to a tummy tuck. I'm not looking for rock hard abs. I'm just looking for my clothes to fit nicely and not look all squishy in the midsection.

Secondly, my breasts are saggy and flat. I've lost 3 cup sizes and this is heartbreaking to me. I know this sounds crazy because most women are happy to lose their breasts. I am not one of those women. I don't really know what I would need to bring the ladies back where they need to be. Definitely a lift would be in order and possibly a small implant.

With all that being said, these aren't issues that I obsess over. I'm not depressed. I just deal with it. No big deal. I'd never do anything to my face. That's me. I don't want to look in a mirror and not recognize the person staring back at me. I am incredibly frugal so I really don't see myself spending thousands of dollars on something for myself. Now, if I won the lottery or inherited gobs of money, then I'd definitely get the plastic surgery. :o)


So, tell me. Would you ever have plastic surgery??


2 comments:

Andie Fairchild said...

I would totally do both of those as well. After having kids, it's difficult to get everything back where it belongs.

Jen said...

Heck yes! After I pop Johnny Cash Cowan out, I am getting a Mommy Makeover...I'm getting my sails lifted Fo sho!!!