I didn't actually read the entire post Gina put up. I chopped everything up and threw it on the pan all at once. Half way through, I drained the water off from the peppers. I also put it under the broiler for 5 minutes at the end so it would be more of a roasted taste and not steamed.
This was very good. Even though I used sweet Italian sausage, we ate the leftovers with eggs. HOLY SMOKES! My tummy was pretty happy.
- 1.5 lb (about 3 large) potatoes, russet or new
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage, cut each link into 6-7 slices
Chop everything into one inch pieces. Toss with olive oil, rosemary and garlic powder. Spread evenly in pan and bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes.
**Remember- This is not how Gina did it. Hers probably worked out better. I was just much too lazy to actually read the entire post. Hey. It happens!