Thursday, October 20, 2011

S'mores Cobbler

I have been spending a ton of time on Pinterest lately. I LOVE all of the amazing recipes I can find. I "pin" a TON of s'mores recipes. I'm addicted to chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers. Yum.O. One of the recipes I found was for a S'mores Cobbler. This was a super easy recipe to make and required just a few ingredients.



The Ingredients
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 5oz chocolate pudding (cook&serve)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 6 whole graham crackers
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 40 large marshmallows (A package of small ones would work just fine too.)
The Directions
  1. Combine milk and pudding mix and place into greased 13x9 baking dish
  2. Place graham crackers (broken in half) on top of pudding mixture with space in between each one
  3. Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular chocolate chips and more than a cup.)
  4. Spread DRY cake mix over top and place the butter by tablespoons on top of dry mixture.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Mix slightly so there isn't large areas of dry ingredients. (I think this would be better if the cooking time is reduced to 20 minutes.)
  6. Add marshmallows and bake for 8-10 minutes and if needed 1-2 minutes undner a high broiler to brown. (I recommend just turning the broiler on to melt the marshmallows. After 25, the cake was pretty well done and I didn't want to overcook it.)
Crash didn't want to try any of the cobbler but Grace and Tater like it. Grace and I both agreed that it is very rich and a small portion is more than enough. Tater actually had seconds so he didn't feel the same. Lol.

No comments: