Sunday, April 3, 2011

Night Out, Not a Night Owl

Alyssa threw a birthday party for her hubby this past Saturday evening. Mr. 'man Clan and I hadn't had a night out in quite some time, so we decided we would definitely attend. The party was at Ethyl's Smokehouse & Saloon. I had only been one other time for a couple of drinks. It was incredibly smokey the time we went. I don't mean smokey from the meat. I'm talking smokey from the cigarettes. I was a little nervous, but still excited to go.

We arrived around 7. I talked my younger brother into coming for a drink. I don't get to see him a lot so it was nice to sit and chat a bit with him. Mr. 'man Clan's friend lives a few miles away and decided to come up too! All in all, it was a great night. The bar didn't get too smokey until later, so that was a huge relief. I wish I would have taken more photos though. :o(


Alyssa and her hubby

My brother and me


We left the bar and headed over to Waffle House per the boys' requests. I wasn't too thrilled about going. I was sleepy and my tummy wasn't feeling so well. The nachos, potato skins and 3 beers did not settle well. Actually, my tummy had been upset all day. I usually love a trip to Waffle House. Mmmmmm. I love my smothered, covered hashbrowns. Delish.

The boys

Can you tell he was tired of me taking photos??

I failed to get a photo of Mr. 'man Clan and me together. I am very sad about this now. :o( Oh well, there will be other times, I'm sure.

We had a great time, Alyssa! Thank you again for the invite.

2 comments:

Crossing My Fingers said...

So glad you all came out!!! I can picture Strummingdad saying, "That's going on the blog!" as you took his picture.

Krystie said...

That pic of lyssa is so funny! Im glad to see her smiling and having a good time. And for you to have a night out! I havent had a good drunken night in over a year. Im planning on one in Florida though!