Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stalker or Groupie? Day 1

This past weekend, Mr. 'man Clan and I went on our second long weekend. Not second, as in 2011. Second as in the nearly 6 years we've been together. Our first trip was Nashville to see Rodney Carrington (his fave). It was a great time.

One of my favorite singer/songwriters is Joshua Radin. I get that he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I big pink puffy heart him. A lot. I've met him twice, most recently the week before my birthday. Best. Present. Ever. I saw in his FB feed that he would be performing in Columbia, MO and then the next day in Lawrence, KS. Hello? Can we say road trip?! Mr. 'man Clan was good with it so I purchased the tickets. The trip was an anniversary present to the both of us. He likes Joshua Radin too, so he wasn't going to be suffering. I was super excited to hear that Cary Brothers would be performing with him also. I've had a music crush on him since I heard a song I heard in the movie Garden State. Swoon.

I don't believe I will ever go to another show in Columbia again. The crowd was a bunch of young, drunk kids. They were extremely rude and would not stop talking. :o( Oh. Word of advice. Don't stay at the Regency Downtown. It's not as fancy as its name implies. It was a huge dump.



Mr. and Mrs. 'man Clan before the Como show.


Laura Jansen was the first act. Great talent.


Cary Brothers was next up. We about flipped when we realized he was performing with Joshua's band. Coolness.


I met Cary after his set. He signed my vinyl. He thought I was cool for buying the vinyl. He's right. :o)


Josh and the band getting ready.


My music husband.


The next morning, we checked out pretty early. We wanted to try this place for breakfast that I had found plus we wanted to find a toilet that worked. Yeah, the toilet in our room stopped flushing and it wasn't the chain. :o( They didn't give us any sort of comp for that. Jerks.

Breakfast was at Cafe Berlin. We got there a tiny bit early. Good thing. A line was starting to form and they weren't even open! I think Mr. 'man Clan forgave me for the hotel debacle after this fantastic breakfast. The food was awesome. It was a bit pricey but we didn't eat dinner so we justified it. Plus, it was very filling. Mr. 'man Clan had the John Schyler. Description from the site: The John Schyler a sandwich with an over-hard egg, jalapeño, bacon, red onion, tomato & chipotle mayo on choice of bread. served w/potatoes

Mr. 'man Clan's breakfast


I was having a hard time deciding between the Mediterranean and Florentine. I went with the Florentine minus the hollandaise sauce. I think the sauce is pretty bad for you, plus I've never had it. The Mediterranean description from their site:Mediterranean Breakfast 2 free-range eggs scrambled with scallions and parsley. Served with hummus, fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives & homemade pita bread. The Florentine description from their site: Eggs Florentine 2 poached free-range eggs over a bed of sautéed greens with garlic and red onion on a toasted English muffin covered with Hollandaise and served with roasted potatoes.

My plate. Oh it was amazing.

The check is delivered in an old book. This was a pretty groovy idea. Mr. 'man Clan left a little note on one of the pages.





Breakfast was finished, and we hit the road to Kansas. Day 2 coming shortly!




No comments: