Monday, February 28, 2011

D Day

Today is D day. Or E day. As in evaluation day. I've had some concerns about Crash's speech for quite some time. I've never admitted because then I'd feel like a failure. So, here I am, telling the blogosphere that my son's speech (to me) doesn't seem to be where it should be. I've scheduled an evaluation with Parents As Teachers.

Crash is able to speak. He uses a lot of words, but many of them are jumbled. I feel like I have let him down in a way. Some how, I have caused him to not be able to speak as clearly as he should be. I am not saying that Crash is slow or deficient. He's a very bright child. I haven't come across many three year olds with an imagination quite like his, well besides Tater. I'm just concerned with his speech. I have seen many cases where problems in speech have caused problems later in learning and behavior issues.

Should there be something wrong, I want to fix it as soon as possible. We shall see what the evaluation says. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Sending good thoughts to Crash today!