Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 months

Two months doesn't seem that long. Two months really isn't that long. But in two months, my body has changed tremendously. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but my shape has definitely changed.

October 31, 2010


December 31, 2010

I was so focused on the scale and the numbers it keeps spitting out at me. I didn't take time to really pay attention to what has been going on with my body. It's transforming. I'm no where near my goal, but I am quite pleased with the progress I am making.

I found myself crying the other day. Mr. 'man Clan asked why. I told him I'm not emotionally ready to lose weight. I'm not ready for all it entails. I don't know when I will except this. When I noticed the difference in the photos, I cried. They were happy tears. They were frustrated tears. Happy because I am starting to be healthy. Frustrated because I couldn't SEE this in the mirror. I didn't SEE it when I tried on clothes and had to go down a size. I couldn't SEE that I don't have to shop in the plus size area of my favorite size.

This is a big deal for me. For once in my life, I'm on the right path. For once, I am losing weight the healthy way. I'm exercising. I'm eating so much better than I was. I still have slip ups. I'm not perfect. I occasionally find myself standing over my toilet thinking, "Why did I just do this? Why did I let it get the best of me?" I'm going to come out on top of this monster. I will not let it defeat me.

5 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I can totally tell the difference. You look great!

Jen said...

Wahoo! It was such a great feeling to get out of the plus dept! You look awesome! I cried when I lost weight too...and the crazy thing is it sneaks up on you after all your hard work and people start to notice!

We'll rock our 1/2 marathon and be wicked hot!

Jennelle said...

You look FABULOUS!

Angie said...

Crap, my really awesome comment didn't stick from my phone: I'll try to recreate:
I am so very proud of you and your success! You look absolutely fabulous and you are a HUGE inspiration to me. It's so awesome to have such a good friend to look up to when it comes to getting in shape and healthier. Here's to lots more successes for you!!!

Stephany said...

You are doing so well, Cecilia! So. Well! I think losing weight, and keeping it off, has to focus more on the changes with eating and exercise and less about the numbers on the scale or your shape changing. While YES, it is incredibly nice to see the numbers go down, it can be incredibly frustrating when the numbers seem to stall even when you're doing everything right! :)

You look amazing, though! Keep it up!