Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Giving Up

.....the satellite!!!!! The hubby and I came to a compromise. I've been begging, well nagging, him to get rid of the satellite. We hardly every used it. In two weeks, we turned it on one time. Definitely not worth paying $80 a month for. We have a Roku Box that we use for Netflix and a friend of mine set up a computer for us to use on our television. With this, we are able to watch Netflix and access Hulu. DirecTv who?

So my hubby tells me he we will make a deal with me. We can get rid of the satellite if he can get a Play Station 3 and a game. HELL NO!! I know that he will play it for a week and be over it. Then he tells me about the BluRay player. Hey knucklehead, that does us no good. We have a regular tube television. He proceeds to throw a fit. He tells me that we won't get rid the satellite. Fine. I really don't care. You're the one who brought it up. Get over it.

A couple hours later, he comes up with a new proposition. We can get rid of the satellite if we buy a new television. Hmmmmm.....my interest is peaked. I know what you're thinking. Isn't it silly to get rid of the satellite and get a brand new tv? Well, it would be, but our television is a few years old. The picture on it is definitely not as crisp as it had been. We had trouble seeing the text on it when we were running the computer. AND the television will be "paid for" in just a few months because we won't be making satellite payments. I'm sold.

We didn't go crazy and get a monster sized television. It's 37". It's perfect for our little family room. I love it. It is sooooooo nice to be able to read the text on the screen now!!

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

UGH! What is the deal with husbands and PS3??? Hubs has been asking for one over and over and over...H to the no dear! Way to compromise...enjoy your new tv!

Jennelle said...

Woo Hoo! We've thought about cutting back our cable...but we use it constantly. :) New TVs are so exciting!