Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Quick Lesson in Parenting

Crash is my third child. One would assume that at this point in my life, I would have figured a few things out, or at least not forgotten some very important things.

1. Kids LOVE stickers.
2. Just because stickers are cheap, they do not make a good splurge purchase.
3. Kids will put sticker anywhere AND everywhere.
4. If you are going to hide something, make sure the child is not in the room when you hide it.
5. Also keep in mind that your two year old is actually a very agile climber.
6. Where there is a will, there is a way.
7. I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

Case in point. The other night, I bought Crash some Cars stickers. He immediately started putting them on the coffee table. I convinced him that his big wheel motorcycle was a much better spot. I took the stickers from him and place them high out of his reach. Fast forward to the next time. I ran upstairs to throw some dishes in the dishwasher. I came back down to this:

Excuse the quality of the photos. They came from my phone.

He managed to climb up and get the stickers down. He resumed his job of applying the stickers to the coffee table. I couldn't help but smile and laugh.

9 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Silly Crash! Love this post.

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

They always find a way to get whatever they should not have! But sometimes I can't help but smile too. :)

Lisa said...

haha, this is so true! When I was younger, I had a little plastic "sticker chair" so I could put all my stickers on it without ruining the rest of my parent's house!

Katie said...

Oh my!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Well, he did scatter them nicely! Hope they come off easily!

Mary said...

Oh man, I never would have thought that stickers could be so dangerous. He's so cute though, I'm sure it's hard to be mad:)

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

ok, i know i shouldn't, but i couldn't help and laugh :) kids are so darn cute. i bet if this were my own child and my own coffee table, i might feel differently ;)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Check out my blog tomorrow...I'm leaving you a shout out!

Jonathan said...

I Would Be Angry As Shit!!