Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Project Down

A million more to go. :o) I finally finished my first official piece of makeover furniture. It was nothing huge or intricate, but I am still pretty proud of it. I found this coffee table on Craig's List for $5. I couldn't pass it up. I instantly knew what I wanted to transform this junk into: a cuter, less cluttered toy shelf. Here is the table after I sanded it a little. (I started painting the bottom before I remembered to take some "before" shots. Oops!)


I also picked up some baskets at the Salvation Army. I think I paid around $4 for all of them. Here they are just waiting for me attack them with the spray paint. I used Krylon's Ballet Slipper in Satin.


Close up of the basket


The finished product!

Yes, I did hide some toys under the shelf. They will not fit in any basket. I have some other containers that I am going to try painting. I don't want to just get rid of them. If the paint adheres, I will line them up behind the baskets. I'm a complete control freak so it is really nice for cars, trucks, legos, etc. to each have their own spot.

4 comments:

Angie said...

That's amazing! it looks awesome!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Wow! That looks great...what's Crash think of the pink color???

Maria said...

You did a great job!!!

Katie said...

Looks great!