Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My 101 in 1001

Yep, I'm going to do it. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon late and make a list. I'm sure you have all seen these lists all over the blogosphere. I LOVE lists, and I am ready to be committed to this one. It took me a week to reach 101. I had to cheat and look at other's lists, but don't tell any one. Shhhhhh....... So here it is, in all it's glory.


The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

My 101 in 1001
Start Date: January 6, 2010
End Date: October 3, 2012

All About Me
1. Lose 30-50 pounds
2. Purchase an iPhone
3. Visit the lady doc. I know TMI. Nothing going on, just haven't been in for routine service. :o)
4. Stop picking skin on feet
5. Buy all of Joshua Radin's albums
6. Buy an MP3 player
7. Buy new mascara
8. Buy one "nice" nail polish (Any recs?)
9. Buy 2 perfumes (Again, any recs?)
10. Take better care of skin
11. Get another tattoo
12. Read 50 books (0/50)
13. Get new glasses
14. Buy 6 new bras (0/6)
15. Read the Bible
16. Find a church
17. Attend church at least once a month (0/32)
18. Change all accounts to my married name
19. Be more organized
20. Stay up until midnight on NYE at least once in 1001 days

Hobbies
21. Strip table in garage
22. Paint table in garage
23. Paint picture frames
24. Learn how to sew
25. Crochet a blanket
26. Make a camera strap cover
27. Attend at least 2 photography classes (0/2)
28. Take more photos
29. Organize photos better
30. Buy an external hard drive
31. Make a quilt of each of the kids (0/3)
32. Paint 5 paintings (0/5)
33. Make coasters
34. Start a veggie garden
35. Start an herb garden
36. Start a flower garden
37. Dry my own herbs
38. Can my pasta sauce
39. Can my salsa
40. Make sugar scrubs

For Others
41. Pay for the person behind me at a drive-thru
42. Leave at least a 50% tip for awesome service
43. Give ten "just because" gifts (0/10)
44. Collect all of my loose change for 1001 days
45. Donate said change to a charity
46. Buy something from Etsy
47. Donate a cart worth of food to a pantry
48. Surprise the parents at work with something thoughtful

For the House
49. Clean and organize the pantry
50. Clean and organize the hall closet
51. Plan a budget
52. Stick to the budget
53. Pay off Chase
54. Pay of Bank of America
55. Build shelf in the laundry room
56. Put carpet down
57. Paint boys' bedroom
58. Paint Grace's bedroom
59. Paint master bedroom
60. Paint basement bathroom
61. Paint upper bathroom
62. Paint kitchen
63. Paint family room
64. Paint light fixtures
65. Vacuum van once a month (0/32)
66. Wash van once a month (0/32)
67. Clean and organize spice cabinet
68. Purchase a flat panel t.v.
69. Hang photos of kids

For the Fam
70. Go on a family vacation for the first time
71. Go on at least two long weekends with the hubby (0/2)
72. Have family night once a month (0/32)
73. Have a date night at least twelve times (0/12)
74. Have professional family photos taken
75. Rent a nice car for a day
76. Start a journal for my hubby
77. Have a mani/pedi day with Aubrey at least six time (0/6)
78. Buy twelve DVDs (0/12)
79. Make a candle lit dinner for the hubs
80. Take the fam fishing
81. Go to a blues bar
82. Go on a picnic
83. Go to the park at least 50 times (o/50)
84. Fly a kite with the kids
85. Star gaze with the kids
86. Walk Lady at least 8 times a month (0/256)

Traveling
87. Visit the City Museum
88. Visit the Arch
89. Visit caves
90. Visit the Science Center
91. Visit Elephant Rock
92. See an ocean in person
93. Go somewhere for NYE
94. Visit Chicago
95. Visit a winery
96. Attend at least one MLB game (0/1)
97. Attend at least one NFL game (0/1)
98. Attend at least one NHL game (0/1)
99. Visit Brimfield, IL or any of the surrounding areas

Random
100. Donate $5.00 for any task not completed
101. Start planning a vow renewal getaway


And there you have it. That's my list. Some of them are pretty silly, but hey, so am I. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask!!

5 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I like Brittany Spears perfume. I would totally pass on the girl doc. I tried to do 101 but I couldn't come up with 101 so I didn't get far. Good luck!

Mary said...

Great list! It probably seems overwhelming when you write it all out, but when you think about the time frame, it's definitely more doable.

Katie said...

Great list! I'd like to do this one day!

Angie said...

Awesome list! I'd recommend OPI as a splurge nail polish. I think each bottle is $8 but it's awesome shiz. I like J lo's perfume and one by Estee Lauder but I can't remember the name. My sister likes Juicy.
Congrats again, it feels good to cross stuff off the list!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Your list is great, I am working on my list now so seeing what you thought of is good brainstorming for me too!