Sunday, November 8, 2009

Squeel!!!!!!

Saturday night was among one of the coolest nights of my life. I mean, I have many cool nights, but this one is definitely high ranking. I LOVE Joshua Radin. LOVE him I tell you. I became addicted to his music quite a while ago. I became "friends" with Zac Braff on MySpace and started listening to his music player. Joshua Radin was one artist featured. I instantly fell in love with his music and his voice. He has several songs that have been featured in Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy. He has one song "I'd Rather Be with You" that is played on local radio. I have been listening to this song WAAAAAAY before it hit the radio.

Well, my friends, I was fortunate enough to win tickets to see Joshua Radin and attend his sound check!! I was beyond thrilled. I got to meet him. Sigh. :o) He was super nice, not at all snobby or stuck up. He even sang "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel. I melted.












I know, tons of meaningless photos. I don't care. There were about 11 of us all together. We got to listen to 6 entire songs!! Hello!! Awesome!! He didn't play my absolute fav, but that is ok. We didn't actually stay for the concert. I have SEVERE anxiety and it was really bad that night. I have never been to the Loop and it was a little overwhelming. I'm not good with crowds of people. The show was sold out and there was no seating. I knew that I would not be able to handle it at all. I am a little sad that my nerves got the best of me, but the sound check was enough for me! Oh, and in case you are wondering: he sounded AMAZING live. Sometimes live shows can be disappointing, but not Joshua. I think he sounded better live. :o) Great night.

3 comments:

Angie said...

How cool! I LOVE concerts and live music.
How sad tho that your anxiety stops you from doing things that you love. Have you ever thought about an anti anxiety drug? My mom was on one and it worked wonders for her.

Cecilia said...

I'm on meds to control every day anxiety, but I think I need something I can take when a bad attack starts on. I will definitely suggest this to my doc next visit.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Can anyone say...AWESOME!?! How freakin' cool!!! The sound check was probably better than the concert anyways!