Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Huli Huli Chicken

The name for this recipe cracks me up!! I found this recipe on Elly Says Opa's blog. My hubby told me he wanted to try some new recipes and this was unlike anything we have made before.

Go here to check it out.

Mine didn't look quite like that. I didn't let it blacken because I knew my kids would not eat it. The boys thought it was tasty. Grace doesn't like anything new, so she thought it was vomit. I haven't talked to my hubby yet today to see what he thought of it. I thought it was AMAZING. I hope my hubs likes it so I can make it again.

Here is the recipe copied from Elly Says Opa in case you are lazy like me and don't want to click the link. :o)

1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup pineapple tidbits/chunks
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 knob ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters (or 4-6 thighs)
1-2 tsp. canola oil

Preheat the broiler. Add the soy sauce through the Worcestershire sauce into a food processor and pulse until smooth.

Rub the chicken with the canola oil and then broil skin side up, about 6″ from the element, for 8 minutes. Flip and broil for another 8 minutes. Brush the chicken with the glaze mixture and broil for an additional 16 minutes or so, flipping and basting every 4 minutes.


I forgot photos. Again. Story of my life. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Sounds totally yummy! Can't go wrong with pineapples!