Monday, November 23, 2009

Honey Pecan Chicken


This chicken was so delish. I could definitely see myself eating this on a salad with some sort of fruity vinaigrette. I found the recipe at Elly Says Opa. The original recipe is Balsamic Honey Pecan Chicken. I did not have balsamic vinegar, so I had to improvise.

4 chicken breast halves
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. vinegar
5 cloves smashed garlic
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
salt and pepper

I added 1 teaspoon of Old Hickory seasoning. I know it sounds odd, but I thought it would help take the place of the balsamic.


Mix the honey,vinegar and garlic together. Add the chicken, and rub in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for about 20-30 minutes. It's best to marinate over night.

Preheat the oven to 425. Combine the bread crumbs and pecans. Cover both sides of chicken with nut mixture.

Place the chicken in a baking dish/pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

The Old Hickory wasn't a failure!! It didn't taste awful. I will definitely use balsamic next time though because I LOVE the flavor. I will also marinate the chicken for longer than 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: