Friday, November 6, 2009

Frugal Friday Tip

Today's Frugal Friday Tip: Drink more water.

Drinking more water will save you money and calories! How about that for a bonus? I stopped buying sodas, juices, soft drinks, etc. a couple of years ago. In our house, we drink milk or water. Occasionally, I will make some Kool Aid as a special treat, but I use as little sugar as possible. A friend of mine told me they go through at least two 24-packs of soda in a week. If they cut out this soda habit all together, they will save over $600 a year!! To maximize your savings, invest in a water filter so that you will stay away from expensive bottled water.

Do you have a frugal tip?

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Holy crap! That's a lot of soda!!! We refill our water bottles so we only buy like one case a month. Yes, I know don't use bottles but we don't have an ice maker so it makes it cold for us to drink plus Matt takes it in his lunch to work.