Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bourbon Chicken

I really need to at least keep my point and shoot upstairs. I took a photo of this dish with my phone. Boy, is that thing crappy!!! I will try harder.

This recipe was DELISH!! My hubby said it is his new favorite all time recipe. He means serious business. I found the recipe on My Kitchen Cafe. Of course, I had to tweak it because I just can't leave well enough alone. The only thing I will do different next time is for go seasoning the chicken. The soy sauce has enough salt in it.

Ingredients:
2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
a light oil (veggie oil works) just enough to barely cover the bottom of the pan
cornstarch (for dusting, optional)

Sauce:
4 garlic cloves minced
1 inch section of ginger minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I think I will add a whole teaspoon next time)
¼ cup apple juice + a splash extra
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Toss with cornstarch (enough to cover lightly).
Put a skillet/wok over med-high heat.
While you are waiting for the pan to heat up, combine the ingredients for the sauce and set to the side.
Fry chicken. Remove chicken from pan and let drain on a paper towel.
Add sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Add chicken to the sauce. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.

No comments: