Friday, October 2, 2009

September Food and Gas tracking.

During the month of September, I really wanted to stick to my food budget the best I could. I set our budget at $240. If we get a soda, coffee, or eat out, I deduct that from the total. Try as I might, I failed. We went over budget by $25.13. I have taken that out of next months budget. This gives us $214.87 for October. I already know that we can eat out less and that will definitely save our budget. I hope it goes well. Eek.

I also decided this month to track how much we spend on gas. Ugh. It's not pretty. My hubby drives a million miles a week. Plus, if we visit any family, that adds up. Our families live an hour away. For the month of September we spent $423.02. My hubby spent $243.01 and I spent $180. I am pretty sure that one of my stops was to put gas in his vehicle, but I don't remember which one it was. I need to keep better track next month. I am just glad that we don't have hubby's truck any more. Our gas total would be well over $600.

I am really working hard to pay down our debt. We just paid off a hospital bill from Crash's e.r. trip last December. What a relief! Well, until we ended up back in the e.r. because he split his head open. That will be a post of it's own.

How do you save money or cut back?

3 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

My blog isn't updating your posts!!! That makes me sad! I wish we only spent that much on food each month...now you've motivated me to try and do better!

Angie said...

easy - we don't :( I just don't make the time to do all that. And it's impossible to track what Aaron spends his money on - we have separate accounts still. And the more he spends the more I feel I'm entitled to spend and it's an awful circle. I get tired of me being the only one w/o any money (Aaron seems to like to "forget a bill sometimes" to have extra money - I just have too much of a conscious to do that. But then again, I let lose last night and it felt good to spend the money - it had been a long time. Now, how to make that car payment....

Danny said...

You don't miss my truck but I do.... :(