Saturday, October 3, 2009

October Menu Plan

I plan my dinners a month at a time. I do this because I'm a control freak and love lists. :) It also allows me to really stick to my budget. I can do several cheap meals and then splurge on a bigger one. I do one big shopping trip at the beginning of the month. I have to make a couple of smaller trips through out the month for milk, bread, produce, etc.
Now even though I am a control freak, I do allow for flexibility. Let's say I am short on time. The menu says that we are supposed to have meatloaf. I will look ahead to something that is prepared in less time (tacos, salad) and just swap the days. No biggie.
Here is the menu for October. I already had to change a day because I didn't go shopping. I felt a nap was much more important at the time. :)

1- Stuffed Chicken (Changed to grilled cheese)
2- Pasta with meat sauce and salad
3- Grilled chicken salad
4- Lasagna
5- Baked or grilled chicken
6- Turkey sloppy joes
7- Waffles
8- Chicken Parmesan
9- Leftovers
10- Chef Salad
11- Burgers
12- Baked or grilled chicken
13- Breakfast sandwiches
14- Waffles
15- Oven "fried" chicken "nuggets"
16- Left overs
17- Grilled Chicken Salad
18- Chicken Fried Rice and wantons
19- Baked or grilled chicken
20- Hot dogs
21- Waffles
22- Grilled chicken soft tacos
23- Left overs
24- Taco Salad
25- Brunch
26- Baked or grilled chicken
27- Tuna sandwiches
28- Waffles
29- Tacos
30- Left overs
31- TBD (We may be having friends over. If not, I will be able to come up with something.)

I always have salad and veggies on hand for side dishes. The same goes for rice, pasta and taters. Wednesday is Waffle Wednesday because waffles are just awesome.

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Man, we're lucky if we plan a day ahead of time! It's 8:30pm right now and we just popped a frozen pizza in the microwave!

Angie said...

LOL no kidding - you rock Cece! I just keep a lot of boxed dinners on hand LOL