Friday, October 9, 2009

Frugal Friday Tip

I am going to try something new. I am not making any promises though. Every Friday, I hope to give my readers a new, helpful tip to save money. We shall see how it goes.....

Check the prices per ounce. I know. It sounds like it could be a lot of work. Luckily, most of the time you can find the price per ounce right on the tag on the shelf. I always carry a calculator with me just in case some stores aren't as helpful.


Great Value Brand Bacon Bits


McCormack's Brand Bacon Bits

I originally reached for the GV bacon bits because they are cheaper. So I thought. The price of the package is cheaper and the package is larger. Well then it has to be the best deal, right? Nope. It's nearly $.06 per ounce cheaper to get the name brand bacon bits. Walmart can't stick it! :0) You will find this pricing discrepancies in cereal and cheese also. They try to get you to buy in bulk when actually the smaller packages just may be cheaper.
Make sure you do your math!!

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out. I'm headed to Wal-Mart either today or tomorrow so I'll look for that.

Angie said...

Wow girl, I'm impressed!!!