Friday, September 4, 2009

Upstairs Bath

My hubby told me if I finished the rooms that actually needed to be painted, then I could repaint the kitchen sooner rather than later. Yippee!! Of course, I got a move on it pronto. Our bathroom was painted a hideous shade of yellow. These photos make it look a lot tamer than it was. The flash washed the color out. This particular shade of yellow reminded me of urine. I know what you're thinking. It's a bathroom. It coincides nicely. I couldn't stand this color.
My hubs told me to go ahead and use the paint I received from Glidden. A few months back, Glidden had a promotion. They were giving out quarts of any color of their paint. Me being a stinker, I used three different email addresses and postal addresses. I really didn't think I would receive three. Usually, the sites monitor IP addresses and will not let you receive more than one. Boy, was I surprised when all three cans arrived at their destinations. I chose Deepest Aqua.

Before:




After:



I was very pleased with the way this turned out. Number one: it was free. Number two: the paint covered very well. Number three: we love the color. I will admit that I was a little nervous. One day after painting, the color still seemed a little bright. A few days later, my husband and I both noted that the color seemed to be more of a muted tone. I was thrilled. I can't wait to start accessorizing the rest of the room. This color lends itself to many, many different themes. It's going to be so fun!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That looks awesome! Congrats!

Katie said...

Looks great!