Friday, September 4, 2009

The Trouble with Doubles

The only trouble I have is this week's Doubles event is apparently going to be the last one of the year. :( I have read this on several sites, and my heart is broken. I didn't make nearly as many trips this week. Inventories at this store were pretty low and I didn't feel like venturing up to the South County store. My store is the best. They have the nicest employees. I haven't run into a rotten one yet. I tried very hard to spend less out of pocket than I did last time which was just over $60. I am proud to say that I did succeed, and I even earned more coupons back. The total before coupons and taxes on everything I purchased was $488.93. I saved nearly 94%. I spent $31.39 and earned $43.00 to use at a later date. I am going to use these to purchase things we need: bread, milk, eggs, etc. It will cut down on my food budget, so I can't complain. I would use them to buy a larger item, but you are only allowed to use one per transaction. Some people rolled theirs into gift cards, but I wasn't brave enough to do that.

I posted the pics from each trip except the last one. There may be a few missing peanut butter cups in some of the photos. :)

Crash helping mommy set up and take photos.






Had I not purchased the diapers or laundry detergent, I would have spent even less, but they were items that I needed and got pretty cheaply. Most of my transactions were under $1.00. Shoot, I was even paid 4 cents. I told her I couldn't take it, but she gave me the change anyways. Here is a run down of my hall:
rolaids- 12
floss-2
double pack toothbrushes-10
canned dog food-2
gum-48 packs
Reese's peanut butter cups- 32 various sizes
Visine- 28
nail polish-7
nail accessories-11
bug spray-1
Ben-gay-4
Kraft Easy Mac-2
Dawn detergent-1
gel-4
lotion-10
deodorant-10
shave gel-2
Tag spray-3
mascara-3
Kotex-2
Coffeemate packs-8
jumbo Huggies diapers-1
Frappacinos-2
Sobe Life waters-8
Purex sheets-1
Purex liquid-3
wheat thins-1

I am tentatively planning a sale at the beginning of October. I hope that isn't too late in the year to have a garage sale. My weekends are pretty booked with Tater being in football.

1 comment:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

HOLY SH**!!! In 2010, first week of doubles, you and I have a date! I went this week and my before total was $51 and my after was $26, I thought that was good but you put me to shame!