Wednesday, September 9, 2009

St. Louis Zoo

I have been begging and begging my hubby to go to the zoo. I love the zoo, and I really wanted to take Crash. He has never been. We finally found a free day to go. It was beautiful Labor Day. We left the house pretty early. Did you know if you arrive at the zoo when they open some of the cool stuff is free?? The carousel, children's zoo and sting rays are all free for the first hour. Sweet!! Plus, we were able to park on the street. Score! We took our own waters and snacks to save money. The only money we spent was on the gas to get there! This trip could have cost us well over $50. We had a blast!! The stingrays were awesome. The kids all had a fantastic time. It was just a perfect day all around.




This is as close as Grace would get. She refused to pet the rays.

The older boys didn't mind.


Hippo needed a snack.


porcupine

Petting the guinea pigs. Crash kept calling them babies and puppies.

Rhino

My new fav: hippos. It's so cool how they just hang out at the bottom. Love them.

All time fav.



It's hard to get all three of them to look at the camera. I love these kids.

"You are the meanest mom ever."

Chasing after a bird.


This is the face of tired and hungry.

I think this weekend is supposed to be pretty nice out too. I would really like to go down town. Grace and Tater have been begging us to go to the Arch. Since my hubby is afraid of heights, he will not be making the trip to the top. :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I fricken love the zoo. Looks like you guys had fun! If you go downtown you should visit citygarden. The kids would prob love all the fountains they can run thru. Even if they don't go up in the arch the museum under it is awesome. Have fun!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

I totally with Grace...no touching stingrays!!! Matt has never been up the Arch and he's lived here his whole life. I always am like well, let's go and he's like no, it's my thing...he's a weirdo! Enjoy the weekend!