Friday, September 11, 2009

Picasso I am not

I am a huge blog stalker. I admit it. One of the blogs I stalk is this one. She has posted about several of her art projects and furniture rehabs. Seeing all her fantastic work gave me a crazy idea: Why don't I try to paint something? My logical side told me not to. I am just going to be disappointed with anything I come up with. It is canvas though. If you don't like it, you can always paint over it. Plus, this would be a cheap way to get a customized picture in my living room. I was having the hardest time choosing a picture to put up. I scoured the net looking for ideas and inspiration. This is what I came up with:


It's not much. I'm pretty satisfied with it. My hubby put it up crooked, but we kind of like it like that. I like the colors. They really compliment the living room walls. I have another idea for this wall to flank the paintings. I hope it turns out. Eek.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love those, was wondering where you got them - Cece, you did a wonderful job!!!!

Angie (I'm stupid, forgot how to post showing my profile LOL)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

That is freakin' awesome!!! Watch out, I might be looking for something for you to do for my house! Great job!

Katie said...

I love it!

Maria said...

You did a great job. It's beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

aw thanks for the shout out! i think your paintings turned out awesome. i also like that the canvases themselves don't match up perfectly. can't wait to see more. :)

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Check out my blog tomorrow afternoon...I'm leaving you an award! Still love this painting!