Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My award.

I love getting these little awards! They give me a chance to let my readers know more about myself. They are fun and give me something to post about. Thank you to Alyssa at My Husband's Watching T.V. for my award! Alyssa and I became blogging buddies through another blog. A friend of mine attended her wedding. We have been chatting ever since! On her blog, she shares stories from her day to day life including her super cute puppies and some awesome recipes.


The rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Things you may not know about me:
1. I had knee surgeries in consecutive summers (97, 98). Torn cartilage in one knee and torn ACL in the other. I was NOT a happy camper, but that happens when you are active in sports.

2. I'm afraid to call to order pizza, chinese, etc. I know. It's a completely irrational fear. I pretty much hate calling anyone. I don't mind if someone calls me, but it terrifies me to call someone else. I'm afraid I am going to bother them.

3. I had my daughter my senior year in high school. Obviously, she was not planned, but I knew that there was no other choice. I knew that having a child at such a young age was going to be very difficult and I would have to put a lot of things on hold, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I had a ton of support from my family and his family, and that really helped me make it through.

4. I am terrified of being a bad parent. You only get one shot with parenting. Trouble is, you don't know your grade until it is too late. I like to think that my children are pretty good. I have never made exceptions for them or given free passes. Just because they have young parents, doesn't mean they can act like hoodlums. Just because their parents divorced, doesn't give them the right to fail at school and act out. It's been hard. All I can do is take from my past and pray.

5. I never finished college. I have nearly 2 and half years of college under my belt, but I haven't gotten my degree. College is one of those things I put on hold to have a family. I knew that I wasn't a strong enough person to work and be a mommy. I couldn't let school interfere with my parenting. I know that I will go back one day. I also know that I will probably not major in computer sciences, which was my big dream. I would probably get a degree in education. Who knows!

6. I'm addicted to cell phones, purses and shoes. I get bored very quickly with what I have. It's not my fault they come out with newer and better phones. It's not my fault they make super cute purses and shoes in different colors and sizes.

7. I am a bed hog. I do not like to share the bed. Lucky for me, my hubby works nights. I only have to share the bed with him on the weekends. Crash has been joining me in the middle of the night lately. Not cool. Lol.

I am going to award Angie from My life.....as an adult. She needs to blog more. :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I don't know how to link you but I claimed my award - thank you!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Great post! Knee surgeries suck!!! Don't be afraid to call the pizza man-its his job to help you and if he does act irritated then just cop an attitude with him (but not too big of one because you don't want him to spit in your pizza!).