Thursday, September 24, 2009

Diet time.

This weekend was a breaking point for me. I didn't hit a new low, or have a melt down. I just found a new strength in me that hadn't been there before. I need to take control of my diet and my exercise. I need to do something about this. I have to grab the reigns and guide myself back on the right path. I have to do this the sensible way. No standing over a toilet with my finger down my throat. No starving myself until I nearly pass out. I am going to make the right choices and get off my booty and exercise.

I'm probably going to fail at first. I won't be perfect every day. I will make some bad choices, but I will learn from them and try not to repeat them in the future. I'm not going to feel like exercising when I need to, but I am going to keep my head focused. I have to do this for myself and for my family. I need to be healthy. I need to be around to drive them bonkers.

I'm not confident enough to post my current weight. It's high. I am classified as obese. Ugh. That's an ugly word. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by next September. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable goal. Several websites say I should lose 70! I think 50 is my max. I will be satisfied with 35-50 though. I will try to post my trials and successes.

I signed up with sparkpeople. It's a free website with all sorts of helpful and useful information. The most useful tool for me so far has been the Nutrition Tracker. I am able to see exactly where I need to cut calories, fat, etc.

The number one tip I have learned immediately: drink.lots.of.water. I drink a big glass of water before I eat a meal. This really keeps me from overeating. I also drink a glass of water when I think I am hungry. Sometimes, when the body is dehydrated, it will send the wrong signals to the brain and make you THINK you are hungry. (My hubby told me this. I'm not sure how true it is, but I still drink whenever I am hungry. LOL.)

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Good luck girl! You can do it!!!

Angie said...

You can do it, we both can!!