Friday, August 7, 2009

Warning- Photos of dog bite in post

First, I wanted to thank everyone for your support and kind words. Being a parent is the most difficult job a person could ever have. Often times, I feel as if I am failing horribly. It's nice to get encouragement.


Well, it has been a week since Tater was bitten by the dog. Tater had to miss football and baseball. His father and I were concerned that it would open back up pretty easily. It was a pretty deep wound which is hard to gauge from the pictures. Not to mention all of the bruising around it. Tater was pretty sore. Ugh. It still makes me cringe when I open the pictures. I am still so thankful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. We were so lucky. I don't have the
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
You can turn back now.
|
|
|
\/
Immediately after the attack. This gash was still bleeding when I arrived at the hospital an hour after the incident.


One day after the attack.

Two days after the attack.

Bruising on his other side from being pinned against the fence.

One week after the attack.

Kids heal quickly. Thank goodness. I am surprised at how fast the bruises are fading especially after how dark they were. The smaller wound is completely healed. It was just a puncture. The larger wound which I call a gash looks so much better. I am so happy he is feeling better. Tater is still pretty cautious around dogs, but hopefully over time he will let his guard down.
One funny note: Whenever we changed the bandages, Tater would tell Crash not to put his finger in his hole (talking about the wound). LOL. It just sounded funny to me.

2 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

It's good that he's healing quickly! I still can't believe it was a chocolate lab!!! That is funny he told him not to stick his finger in it!!! Have a good weekend!

Katie said...

Aww, poor guy!